English Language Pathway Programs
The English for Academic Purposes program offered at Embassy English is a guaranteed pathway to CSU Study Centres in Sydney and Melbourne.
Based at the same locations as the CSU Study Centres in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane, Embassy English leads over 55,000 students a year to a degree from CSU. With over 40 years’ experience and a reputation for delivering excellent English language training, the college attracts some of the best teachers in the industry.
The English for Academic Purposes (EAP)
program provides the most effective,
guaranteed pathway to CSU by combining
intensive English language training with
academic study skills development.
There are five modules in each term: reading,
writing, listening, speaking and study skills.
As the course progresses, students complete
increasingly more challenging work, developing
their academic critical literacy skills across the
five modules. Within each module, there are
a number of outcomes that students need to
master before moving on to the next stage of
- Location: Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney
- Duration: Each EAP term is 10 weeks
- Class size: Maximum 18 students per class
- Entry > Exit Level: EAP 3: 5.5 or equivalent > 6.0
- Lessons: 28 x 50-minute lessons per week
- EAP entry test on arrival
- Continual assessment: two essays,
oral presentation, and research report
- EAP exit test on completion
- Mid-term and end of term tutorials
and progress reports
- Certificate of achievement on
- Books and materials included.
To gain entry to CSU, you need to achieve the learning outcomes at EAP 3 level.
- Demonstrate an ability to understand and engage critically with ideas and texts.
- Display the skills to participate and contribute effectively in a high-level academic environment.
- Show independent skills in research, analysis, synthesis, academic writing and oral presentation.
- Reach a Pre-Advanced level of English language proficiency, equivalent to IELTS 6.0.
- Meet the requirements to enter Charles Sturt University.
Entry requirement to EAP course
Please check the English entry level required for your course. The duration of your EAP course depends on your Academic English level assessed at the start of your course.
To find out more about the EAP course, visit Embassy English.