Business is a popular subject to study at both undergraduate and graduate level. A business degree combines theory and specialist skills that prepare you for a wide choice of careers, from accounting and finance to marketing and management.
There are many reasons to study business at university:
- Enhance your career prospects. Whether you want to work in a large global organisation, a small start-up or start your own company, a business degree will provide you with the knowledge and skills you need to pursue a career you’re passionate about.
- Increase your earning potential. Business graduates are in demand in a number of industries because of their transferable skills.
- Explore and develop the areas you’re most interested in. From finance and corporate operations, to working with data and entrepreneurship, there are a wide variety of specialisms in business you can concentrate on.
- Learn to understand the world around you. A business degree will give you an understanding of how markets are affected by world events and a grounding in economics.
- Business majors develop excellent communication skills. From presenting pitches to writing a joint business plan, you will build confidence and learn to work with others to reach a common goal.
Types of business degree
Most universities offer a choice of general and specialist business degrees. Many undergraduate students choose broad degrees, such as Business Administration, that provide a foundation of knowledge and flexible career options. If you already know which area you’re interested in, you could specialise in a particular field, such as marketing or management.
Post-graduate business degrees and diplomas tend to be available to students who hold an undergraduate degree in any subject, or have relevant work experience. They offer specialisms, such as finance, marketing and strategic management. A prestigious Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree is aimed at business professionals with prior experience who are looking to develop their skills and gain an advantage in their field.
Why study business in Australia
Australian universities offer high-quality degrees, which are recognised and valued worldwide. With a business degree from a respected Australian university, you’ll be in high demand with employers.
Australia’s international outlook provides first-hand experience of the global business world. You’ll study in multicultural cities alongside students from around the world, and you’ll have the opportunity to network and gain experience with leading global businesses. Home to major multinationals as well as NGOs and start-ups, Australia’s biggest cities – Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney – offer the best opportunities for business students. If you’re unsure which career path to follow, graduate training schemes are a good way to experience different areas of business, such as advertising, accounting, sales and human resources.
When you’re deciding where to study business, it’s important to think about the course you want to study, the outcomes you hope to achieve, and the lifestyle you’d like to have. Studying abroad in Australia can provide many benefits, including work experience opportunities and postgraduate visas. Australia also helps to balance the pressure of studying, with its relaxing outdoor lifestyle, beautiful beaches and warm weather.
Why study business at CSU Study Centres?
CSU Study Centres offer a choice of business-focused programs for undergraduate and postgraduate students, including two MBA programs.
Degrees are flexible, allowing you to focus on the areas that interest you most. The undergraduate Bachelor of Business Studies degree gives you a broad foundation of knowledge and skills, or you could focus on a particular field with a Bachelor of Business (Management) or Bachelor of Business (Marketing).
CSU offers career-focused outcomes, preparing graduates for a successful and fulfilling life after university. Student success is largely down to CSU’s dedicated support, which is rated higher than the national average (www.qilt.edu.au). The University's undergraduate business and management course sits within the top 20% of all Australian universities for teaching quality, student support and overall experience, as well as employment and salary expectations (gooduniversitiesguide.com.au).
Find out more about our business programs and entry requirements at CSU Study Centres, or apply online.