English Language Entry Requirements
If you’ve completed formal high school, further education or higher education studies in one of the following countries, you’ll be assumed to have met the required level of English language for entry to CSU Study Centres:
|United States of America
|Papua New Guinea
If you can demonstrate that you’ve completed a minimum of two full-time high school, further education or higher education academic years in English, regardless of where in the world you studied, you’ll be assumed to have met the required level of English language for entry to CSU Study Centres. Your courses will need to have been delivered and examined solely in English, and you’ll be required to provide written evidence from the school, college or university, to support your claim.
Acceptable Forms of Evidence:
- Transcripts showing that you were taught in English
- A certified written statement from the school, college or university
All other applicants must have one of the following:
- Acceptable test scores for English proficiency
- Satisfactory completion (D grade or higher in Level 3) of the Embassy 'English for Academic Purposes Programme' (EAPP)
- A TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) paper-based score of 550
and TWE of 5.0
- A TOEFL Internet-based score of 80 and writing score of 25
- An Academic IELTS (International English Language Testing System) overall score of at least 6.0, with no score below 5.5
- Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic score of 54 overall, with a minimum
of 46 in all communicative skills
- A Combined Universities Admission Test (CULT) overall score of at least 65
- A ‘C’ pass in a humanities subject at the GCE 'A' level examinations in either Singapore or the United Kingdom
- Completion of the International Baccalaureate diploma, with English A2 at higher
or standard Level
- A minimum of Level 4 in the core subject English Language in the Hong Kong
Diploma of Secondary Education (HKDSE)
- A ‘C’ pass in 'Use of English' in the Hong Kong Advanced Level Examination (HKALE)
- Completion of the UNSW Foundation Studies Certificate with a ‘C’ pass in 'Use of English'
- Completion of an AQF Certificate IV (including English for Academic Purposes)
- Successful completion of at least one year of study in a course at Associate
Diploma or Diploma level on the Register of Australian Tertiary Education
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CCPE) ‘C’ Pass
- Cambridge English Advanced Exam (CAE) overall score of 52, with no score
English test results must not be more than two years old.
IELTS (Academic) is the preferred test.
If you don’t meet the English language proficiency requirements, you may still be offered a conditional place. Your conditional offer will be dependent upon successful completion of an English language course before you begin your degree program.
You’ll need to meet the above English language entry requirements before you’ll be allowed to enrol.
Some courses ask for a higher level of English language than the requirements listed above.
Visit csu.edu.au/apply/english-language-proficiency for more information.
If you’re applying for a postgraduate degree, you will need to have an Academic minimum overall score of 6.0. More specifically, you will need to have achieved a score of no less than 6.0 in the writing band and no less than 5.5 in all other bands.
Get in touch if you have any questions or would like to find out more about our courses.
If you already have all of the answers you need, you can apply online right now.