UniLodge Sydney offers furnished, self-contained studio and loft apartments. Purpose-built for students, the apartments have en-suite bathrooms and kitchenettes. Facilities include 24-hour security, internet access, a swimming pool, a spa, student lounges, a rooftop barbecue area, common kitchen areas and laundry facilities. UniLodge Sydney is located a 20-minute bus ride away from the CSU Study Centre Sydney.Key Features
- An independent lifestyle in a safe, supervised environment
- Furnished, comfortable student apartments with private bathroom and kitchenette
- Internet access in each apartment (extra charges apply)
- Communal kitchens, laundry and ironing room on each floor
- High level of security, with key card access for lifts and apartments
- Regular social activities
- Live-in residential supervisors
- Close to transport and walking distance to the Central Business District (CBD)
- 20-minute bus ride to CSU Study Centre Sydney
- Lap pool, rooftop barbecue, student lounges
- Minimum age: 17
Find out more about the apartments available at UniLodge Sydney.
Sinclair’s City Hostel
Located in inner-city Surry Hills, Sinclair’s City Hostel is experienced in catering to students’ needs. The hostel provides a welcoming and friendly service, offering twin and single rooms with breakfast included. You’ll find public transport links right on the doorstep and Central Station a 10-minute walk away. With Sydney’s attractions easily accessible from Sinclair’s, you can also walk to the city centre or the CSU Study Centre Sydney in 15 minutes.
- Clean and comfortable accommodation with breakfast daily
- Weekly service with fresh linen and towels provided
- Free WiFi hot spot
- All rooms have a kitchenette, fridge and sink
- TV, study desk, chairs and lockers
- Public telephone access
- Coin-operated laundry facilities, including washing machine and dryer
- Sun deck and barbecue area
- 24-hour security with security key access and video monitoring
- Lounge and games room
- Great location to explore Sydney
- On-site manager
Find out more about the student accommodation available at Sinclair’s City Hostel.
If you’re over 18 you can choose to look for a private house, flat or apartment, which you can rent furnished or unfurnished. Rental properties range from $250 to $350+ per week.
Living in rental accommodation gives you more freedom, but also comes with more personal responsibility. You’ll need to factor in the cost of other living expenses, such as food, utilities, transport, books and entertainment. You’ll also need to pay a security bond (usually one month’s rent) before you move in.
If you choose an unfurnished house, flat or apartment, you’ll need to provide your own furniture and appliances. Sharing rental accommodation with other students is a good way to reduce your living expenses.
For information about current rental properties and prices, visit:
One of the best ways to experience the Australian way of life is to live with an Australian family. Study Group Australia manages a homestay service for students of the CSU Study Centres. Stay in a supportive living environment in the home of a carefully selected family experienced in hosting students from overseas. Living with native English speakers is the best way to practice and improve your language skills.Key Features
- Room with bed and bed linen, wardrobe, desk, reading lamp, and storage space for books
- Clean, comfortable home environment
- Board includes a daily self-serve breakfast, dinner, and self-serve lunch on weekends
- Help navigating your way around public transport
- Use of laundry facilities (students usually do their own laundry, ironing and cleaning)
- Access to a phone (you’ll need a phone card to pay for calls)
- A friendly and caring environment