The Melbourne and Sydney Study Centres recently held their first Career Expo events in May.
Sydney held its event on the 5th of May and the Melbourne event was held on the 19th of May
The Career Expo was an opportunity for students & recent graduates to explore their career options and meet with employers and industry associations. Over 400 students attended these events, and feedback from the students was excellent.
Organiations that participated included:
- Aussie Home Loans
- Australian Taxation Office
- Chartered Accountants ANZ
- Financial Planning Association
- Performance Education
- Slade Group
- The Dream Consortium
Guest speakers included:
- Peter Stavrou – IT Project Manager & Entreprenuer, Morning Coffee
- Bikram Khadka – Solutions Architect, Swipezy
- Stephen Caparaz – Strategic Planning Specialist at Toyota Motor Corporation
- Morsalin Billah – Front End Developer, i-Motor
Successful alumni also shared their career journeys and tips for success with the students. This was very inspiring and motivating for those about to embark on their professional careers. Students also had the opportunity to meet with experts such as migration agents and recruitment consultants, and took advantage of the chance to participate in interview simulations.
These events reflect CSU Study Centre’s commitment to delivering career-focused courses and producing job-ready graduates.
Sydney students meeting industry associations and employers.