From 1 May Charles Sturt University will have a new look and feel that represents where we have come from and where we are going. You will soon get to experience our expression of who we are across our campuses and centres.
Why is our brand changing?
It’s our 30th year as a university and the time is right for Charles Sturt University to celebrate our past, present and future.
Our new look and feel brings to light the values that make our university unique:
We believe in the importance of creating real and lasting connections between each other, our environment and our communities.
Make it worth it
We focus on delivering life-changing experiences, enriching your life and equipping you with the skills you need to succeed in a demanding world and change it for the better.
Make it happen
We help you find your first step to a life long journey of learning.
Never stand still
As the world changes, so do we.
How will this improve the experience of students?
Our new brand sits alongside key improvements to student services and systems:
- We are investigating the needs of our community and our future workforce and delivering courses that are relevant and forward thinking.
- We are centralising student communication to ensure you get the information you need when you need it in a consistent and proactive way.
- We are focused on enhancing the student experience online and on campus, including making support staff more accessible.
- We have appointed a new Director, Student Safety and Wellbeing to build a more inclusive and safe space for students.
- Our new brand will play a significant role in our community engagement plans. We’re engaging more with our local schools about the skills students need to be successful in the future.
Will the university name change?
No. We are, and will remain, Charles Sturt University.
Are our logo and colours changing?
Yes. Our visual identity is transforming – to better represent our unique story and values.
But our brand isn’t just a logo or a colour palette. Our brand is our core mission and strategic direction. It tells the story of who we are and allows us to express our authentic purpose.
How will this affect my Study Centre?
Over the course of two years you will see changes made to our Study Centres, including updates to our logos and course material. The changes will be progressive and unobtrusive.
How is the brand transformation funded?
Brand transformation activity falls under the ‘Our Students Focus Area’ and is strategically funded. We have business as usual funds that remain allocated to student services.
Our brand helps us tell the story of who we are, it helps us communicate our values to students, employers and the wider community. We need a strong brand story to continue to be a strong university.
Where can I see our brand in action?
Students, past and present, along with members of our communities are invited to experience our brand on the Wagga Wagga campus on Wednesday 1 May (register here) or on the Bathurst Campus on Friday 3 May (register here).
You can experience our brand online and stay tuned for events coming to all campuses to celebrate our 30th year.
How can I give feedback?
You can email firstname.lastname@example.org