Bachelor of Business Studies
CRICOS Course Code: 045876J
Gain real-world business skills
Do you aspire to have a successful career in business and impress employers with your ability to solve real-world problems? Study the Bachelor of Business Studies at Charles Sturt University Study Centres in Melbourne or Sydney for a flexible degree built around your interests and career goals.
What is business studies?
Business studies is the study of the principles of business, processes, management and economics. Business studies will give you a solid, foundational understanding of how businesses are run, and develop your skills in strategy, communications, operations and commercial activity.
It is also an opportunity to develop your entrepreneurial skills, learn how to run your own business and think critically about the business problems you may face.
About the course
This three-year course allows you to construct a program of study that you consider as the best fit to your future needs. The course offers an extensive portfolio of business subjects developed by Charles Sturt University, and is designed so that you can include qualifications from any tertiary study you may previously have undertaken. This course doesn't offer a specialisation subject but offers a broad choice of study topics.
What will you study?
You can design your course around your business interests and choose from a wide range of subjects. You will study 24 standard subjects (worth 8 points each, 192 points total) across three years, which must include:
- 1 strategy capstone subject
- a minimum of 16 business-related subjects
- subjects to meet Charles Sturt University's Graduate Learning Outcomes.
The remaining subjects can be chosen from any undergraduate program offered at Charles Sturt University Study Centres.
Choosing your subjects
Your Course Coordinator can advise you on available courses and prerequisites. The subjects you choose must be a mix of levels one, two and three (indicated by the first number in the subject code) and we recommend you complete the subject levels in order of difficulty.
You must choose:
- no more than 12 level one subjects
- at least 4 level two subjects
- at least 4 level three subjects.
Your Course Coordinator can advise you on available courses and prerequisites. We recommend you complete the subject levels in order of difficulty.
Strategy capstone subjects
You will study at least one of the following (level three) subjects:
- Strategic & Sustainable Accounting (ACC311)*
- Strategic Human Resource Management (HRM330)
- Business Strategy (MGT330)
- International Management (MKT340)
* This subject has a prerequisite and cannot be undertaken before its prerequisite subject is passed.
Graduate Learning Outcomes
You must also demonstrate accomplishment of Charles Sturt University’s Graduate Learning Outcomes (GLOs) by completing subjects that cover the following areas:
- academic literacy
- information and research literacy
- digital literacy
- global citizenship
- sustainable practice.
Whether you are looking for a career in business, marketing, research or consulting, there are so many opportunities available after you finish your studies. Depending on the subjects and electives studied, graduates have the skills to join the private or public sector in a number of different roles.
- Business – business development manager, team leader, relationship manager, owner-manager, entrepreneur.
- Marketing – social media manager, digital marketer, advertising support manager, business marketing manager.
- Research, analyst or consulting.
Undergraduate entry requirements
Check the English language and academic entry requirements you need to meet in order to be accepted in to your chosen undergraduate course.
Find out the tuition fees and other costs for your chosen undergraduate program at Charles Sturt University Study Centres.