Student working on laptop at Charles Sturt University Study Centres

Student health insurance

The Australian Government requires all overseas students to take out medical insurance for the duration of their student visa. This will help you if you become injured or sick while you study in Australia.

Why do you need health insurance?

Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) is a mandatory requirement for your visa. It will also give you and your family peace of mind during your time here.

What does it cover?

Overseas Student Health Cover will pay for a portion of the medical and hospital care you may need while studying in Australia. It covers you for doctors, hospitals, ambulances and prescription drugs.

Find out about what's included in Overseas Student Health Cover.

Who provides health cover?

A number of Australian registered private health insurers offer OSHC. Private health insurers must be registered to ensure they are properly monitored and regulated by the Australian government. 

Our preferred provider of student medical cover is Allianz Global Assistance OSHC, but you are welcome to find a suitable alternative. You are required to pay for your OSHC when you accept your offer to study at Charles Sturt University Study Centres.

If you’re already studying in Australia when you apply here, you need to send us a photocopy of your OSHC membership card. This provides proof that you have student health cover for at least the first 12 months of your study visa.

If you want to find out more about Charles Sturt health insurance, or studying at Charles Sturt University Study Centres, contact us.

This site uses cookies. In order to continually improve this site, we remember and store information about how you use it. Find out more.